MVVM and Step Navigation Fork

Mar 6, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Hello,

I decided to pull this out of the license thread as it is a separate topic. I created a fork and cloned the current source. Of course, there has been a many changes to both codebases as I started working from build 1.1.0.0. I re-updated to that tag and merged in my changes and committed those to the head of my fork. I'm not quite sure how that all pans out.

I figured that since there was effort to include MVVM that my changes would not be needed for the community version. However, I did make a ton of UI changes related to navigation which may be beneficial to the community.

I made this fork and committed my changes as I have used this wizard in a installer that I created for my company. I am just doing my part in contributing my source changes back to the community. Hopefully they'll be found helpful.

I suppose at this point I will submit a pull request.

Let me know if I can help or provide answers to any questions!

Fork: http://avalonwizard.codeplex.com/SourceControl/network/forks/mikejr83/MVVMAndStepNavigation

Mike G.
Mar 11, 2013 at 6:53 PM
I'm still working on the merge. It's going to be pretty slow. However, I decided I still needed to release my source changes. Here is my blog post explaining about how I changed AvalonWizard to use MVVM and some additional features that were added.

Avalon Wizard MVVM
Coordinator
Mar 17, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Hello Mike,

Thank you for your contribution. I think it may be really useful for the community.
If you have some problems with merging I can try to help you.

By the way, the download link in your blog seems to be broken.
Mar 17, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Sorry about that!

I guess GoDaddy doesn't like .7z extensions. I reuploaded the file as a zip file and I was able to download it from another computer so everything should be good now.
Mar 18, 2013 at 4:00 AM
Hi Pahan,

I did some work mergining my changes with the current revision (from where I made my fork). The 3.5 projects are having an issue. The problem is partly because of NuGet. I upgrade Nuget to 2.2 and setup the restore of packages for MVVM binaries. I'm probably going to have to move the 3.5 code into a separate folder.

Also, I cannot get the sample projects to run without a assembly loading error. I haven't had a chance to clean up my working directory to see if it is my machine or not. I did add in my local test project that I've been using for development and it opens up and runs fine.

Please let me know if you have a chance to pull the fork and look at it.

Regards,

Mike G.