This project is read-only.

Wizard buttons

Feb 1, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Hi,

I have a few questions about the wpf wizard control:

1. Is there an option to add the "finish" button also to another page (except the one that exist in the last page)? I would like for example to have an option to leave the wizard also before the last page and to have both "Next" and "Finish" buttons in one of the pages.

2. Is there an option to have a "Help" button?

3. Is there an option to change the wizard buttons' text and size?

4. I would like to have on the left side of the wizard a side progress that is showing the pages names and the progress of the pages. does it exist in this control?

Thanks, Hagit.

Feb 2, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Hi.

1. This feature is currently not available out of the box, but you can easily do that by small modification to the XAML. Just remove the following code:

<Binding Path="IsLastPage" Converter="{StaticResource BooleanToVisibilityConverter}" ConverterParameter="INVERT">
    <Binding.RelativeSource>
        <RelativeSource Mode="TemplatedParent" />
    </Binding.RelativeSource>
</Binding>

It's located on lines 90-94 of WizardAero.xaml and lines 105-109 of Wizard97.xaml. After you've done that, just set IsFinishPage property of the page to true. You will get both Next and Back buttons.

2. There is no built-in Help button. But you can add it to the templates.

3. Yes, that can be done easily as you can set arbitary content for the buttons like that:

<aw:Wizard Name="wizard" aw:Designer.PageIndex="0">
    <aw:Wizard.NextButtonContent>
        <TextBlock FontWeight="Bold" FontSize="15" TextDecorations="Underline">Next</TextBlock>
    </aw:Wizard.NextButtonContent>
    <aw:Wizard.BackButtonContent>
        <TextBlock Foreground="Red" FontStyle="Italic">Back</TextBlock>
    </aw:Wizard.BackButtonContent>
</aw:Wizard>
4. Sorry, the control does not have this feature. I have some plans on implementing it, but I can't really tell when I'll do that.

Feb 3, 2011 at 10:09 AM

Thanks very much for the abswers.