Error compiling source

Jan 19, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Hello,

I just downloaded the source code and I'm getting the following errors when I try to compile it:

Metadata.cs(28,28): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'IProvideAttributeTable' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Types.cs(25,27): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'TypeIdentifier' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Types.cs(29,27): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PropertyIdentifier' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Types.cs(35,27): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'TypeIdentifier' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Types.cs(42,27): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'TypeIdentifier' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Types.cs(46,27): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PropertyIdentifier' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Properties\AssemblyInfo.cs(38,12): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ProvideMetadata' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Properties\AssemblyInfo.cs(38,12): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ProvideMetadataAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I'm using VS2010 and Windows 7 with all available updates installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Coordinator
Jan 30, 2011 at 8:54 PM

Hello. Sorry for late response.

These are types from VS design-time support assemblies. Perhaps, VS searches for them using absolute paths. Please check whether some assemblies are marked as missing. If so, remove them from the project and add them back. These assemblies are usually located at Visual Studio and Expression Studio installation folders.